Monday, February 15, 2010 | By: Slacker Mom

Movie Review: Passengers

"Passengers" stars Anne Hathaway as a therapist called in to help survivors of a plane crash deal with what happened. The survivors all have varying reports of what really happened and the airline investigators are not too forthcoming with information. This movie wants to be a tense thriller with its missing passengers, creepy men who keep appearing in the shadows, and annoying barking dog. The problem is it just doesn't make sense. Which I guess is the whole point. They're trying to keep you guessing.

My husband guessed a major plot point way before I did (he has an annoying habit of doing that) but it took me awhile to catch on. When the final twist was revealed and I finally discovered what's really been going on the whole time, I believe my precise reaction was, "Huh." It was a major let down after all this build up of suspense. I'm a big fan of Anne Hathaway but I don't think this movie is worth the price of a rental. I picked it up on loan from the library and free is definitely the only way to watch it. (**)

0 comments:

Post a Comment