Friday, February 12, 2010 | By: Slacker Mom

Don't Judge Me

I have a confession to make. Lately I've been spending a lot of quality time with 2 men, neither of whom are my husband. I realize that what I'm doing is wrong but I just can't help myself. They are both smooth, enticing and yes, irresistible. CJ is aware that they are in my life but I don't think he knows to what extent.

Anytime I head out to go "grocery shopping", I offer up a fervent wish that I will find them waiting for me. And I do. They're always there, calling to me, tempting me.

When I'm bored, they give me something to do. When I'm stressed, I can take all my worries out on them. When I want to celebrate, they are right there with me, the life of the party. They listen to me without judgment and simply offer up more of themselves.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few downsides. No matter how cautious I may be, they always leave their mark on me. My body just hasn't been the same since I've started spending so much time with them. They've become an addiction for me. I'm afraid nothing short of the loss of my car keys and wallet could keep me from them.

I sneak in a little quality time whenever possible. There are days that I don't even wait until after dinner when I know my husband will be occupied. I admit I've even been known to cozy up with them before lunch.

I know it's not right and I do feel guilty on occasion, but how can something that feels so right be wrong? I won't try to explain how much this relationship means to me. I don't think anyone else would truly understand. Say what you want, but for now, I will continue to indulge in my passion for Ben and Jerry's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment