Wednesday, March 10, 2010 | By: Slacker Mom

Using My Powers for Good

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it. I posted yesterday that I was going to try to get back on track and join the "real" world. For a first day, it wasn't bad. The kids got their individual school work done and then we did some work together. I put together a dinner menu for the rest of March and all of April. (As I mentioned in an old post, if I have dinner posted up on the fridge the kids know what to expect and there's less arguing, even if it's something they don't like.) Libby and I had some one-on-one girl time. I even did a little bit of leg work for my business.

This morning, I woke up at 7am and walked 2 miles with my dogs. After breakfast, the kids and I did some group work and now they are tackling their individual work. I'm running loads through my washing machine so I can take them over to my mother's house to dry--my dryer was kind enough to die on me yesterday. I still have a list a mile long of things that are urgent--most of them business related--but it's still early.

I think it's all just a matter of having the right attitude. I love to organize but I hate to apply that to my time. I'd much rather organize things and not my life. The funny thing about that is, when I just put my mind to it, I'm very good at getting us on a realistic working schedule. The kids will work better and behave better when I do that.

I guess the trick is to remember that and keep it as a priority.

0 comments:

Post a Comment