Saturday, September 27, 2008 | By: Slacker Mom

It's Finally Fall

I had a moment of absolute peace the other day. These are rare and I treasured it while it lasted. It was grey and overcast outside, just the way it always is this time of year. Howdy was working on rewriting a story, Sassy was listening to a phonics book on CD with her headphones on and Logan was upstairs writing his own story. I had finally summoned up enough courage and energy to tackle the mountain of pots and pans that were threatening to take over my kitchen. When I was almost done, I turned off the sink for a moment. That's when it happened. With the sink turned off, I heard absolute silence. Everyone was busy with their own task and no one was making a sound. There were no firetrucks or motorcycles roaring by, no dogs barking, no phone ringing. I just stood there at the sink, closed my eyes and soaked it all in. It was an amazing 7 seconds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment